Monday, May 27, 2013

I am excited to follow Jesus 5/27/13

Good Morning,

May your day be blessed with peace love and joy. My coffee this morning is Door County Cherry Creme.

There was an old Hymn that we used to sing at the end of our church service that was used as a song of invitation to surrender your life to Jesus. Many a person stepped out of their chair and walked down an aisle to a preacher to profess a new life in Jesus while the song. "I have decided to follow Jesus" was sung quietly.

I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.


I always wanted to change the words to "I am excited to follow Jesus". I personally find that listening to God and having Him speak and direct me is very exciting. I also see that when I am not excited about Jesus I am usually occupied by something else that is consuming too much of my time.

John 10:27 (NKJV)

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Can you imagine being bored while actually being with Jesus? I can't! I have always been one to live life on the edge.
A life in Jesus is exciting. The things He might direct you to do just might impact eternity.

Luke 10:17-23

17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”

18 He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

22 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”

23 Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. 24 For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it

Now as the 72 that Jesus sent out returned does it sound like they were bored? I doubt they were ever bored again.

Follow Jesus! It will be the most excitement you have ever had.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment