Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pot Holes 5/26/13

Good Morning,

Today is the second day after I have had a shoulder repair. I must admit I am in a quite a bit of pain. My coffee today is Door County Almond Toffee. I am thankful for my wonderful wife who is caring for me and made a fresh pot for me.

While coming home from the hospital I was reminded that winter only left us a couple weeks ago. In Wisconsin the winter weather wreaks havoc on the highways with the freezing, thawing, plowing and salt. How I was able to remember the winter was as I traveled home every pot hole that was created by the winter seemed to jump up under the car and then smacked me in the shoulder causing immediate pain.

I want to put this experience into a Biblical application. Life is full of pot holes in our roads. We encounter bumps each day. We are let down by someone, missed out on a promotion, ridiculed, the wash machine floods the house, the baby is sick. All of these are bumps in the road that cause pain. The pain in my shoulder will get better. I can't let it keep me from moving on. So it is with every bump in the road. We need to keep going. But just like my coffee this morning had to be poured by someone else and this devotional typed by someone else, sometimes the bumps in life cause us to need help. This is OK and is very Biblical.

 Psalm 46:1 NIV
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
 
We can go to God and pray for help. He often sends others to assist us. Never be too proud to accept the help.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
 
Pot holes are never fun. But sometimes allowing someone to help does more than accomplish a task, it causes friendship to grow.
 
Love ya,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment