Friday, May 17, 2013

Good Coffee and God 5/17/2013

Good Morning,
Today I am enjoying a hot cup of Heavenly Caramel Coffee from the Door County Coffee Company. As you all know I like to start each day's devotional by letting you know what coffee I am drinking. Someone asked me why I do that.
It all started with some friends on Facebook. I would say good morning and tell them the flavor of my coffee and then post a Bible verse. It just seemed to carry over when our church started a blog.

But the truth in all this is that I enjoy early mornings. I am usually surrounded  by my two dogs, drinking a cup of coffee somewhere either at home, in the car or in my duck blind. I watch the sun come up, read some scripture and pray. This may sound a little foolish to some, but for me the sunrise, the coffee, the dogs, Scripture and God is a Holy Moment. Now truly it is God, prayer and Scripture that makes it holy, not the coffee or the dogs. Those two remind me of how blessed I am to have a cup and two affectionate dogs.

But it is that sunrise that reminds me that God is on His throne. His Word leads me each day, and I know He listens to my prayers. Wherever I am is then Holy Ground because I then am reminded that He never leaves me.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)

6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Psalm 113:6
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised.

So when these are published each morning you all share just a moment in my quiet time with God, my coffee and me.

God bless,
Love you all
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment