Tuesday, May 7, 2013

On a hill far away. 5/8/2013

Good Morning,
My coffee of choice today is Door County Peanut Butter Crunch.

There is an old Hymn that I love to sing. It is titled "The Old Rugged Cross". I have copied a little bit of my favorite parts below.

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.
  • Refrain:
    So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
    Till my trophies at last I lay down;
    I will cling to the old rugged cross,
    And exchange it some day for a crown.
I saw a beautiful cross this weekend in an antique shop. I pondered the beauty of it. Many people have seen a cross and know how Jesus Christ died on a cross to pay for our sins. I do not worship a cross. I do however worship the One who died there for me. I have listed below some Bible verses that talk about atonement for our sins and who paid the price. Then when you see a cross somewhere this week. Just look up and say thank you to the One who paid the price. But more importantly if you have rejected this gift and have decided not to invite Jesus into your heart as Lord and Savior, reconsider please. If you were the only one on earth Jesus would have died just for you.
That is the purest form of worship and the best way to say thank you. Don't waste the gift.
Revelation 5:9 - And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

1 Timothy 2:6 - Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 John 2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.

Hebrews 9:12 - Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption [for us].

1 Peter 3:18 - For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1 Peter 2:24 - Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Jesus is the Way. "Cross" the gap between your sin, and God.
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment