Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Preparing for fall 5/28/13

Good Morning,



Four days after shoulder surgery. Could use some prayer here. But that hasn't stopped me from a good cup of coffee. Today's flavor is Door County Blueberry Cobbler.

One of the things I look forward to is the the different seasons we enjoy in Wisconsin. All four seasons are quite distinct and have something I can enjoy during each of them. My favorite obviously is fall. But in the spring I begin to prepare for fall. Part of what I enjoy in the fall are our apple trees. I really enjoy them three times. In the spring we enjoy the beautiful blossoms that remind me of the resurrection of Jesus. John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
The trees have been leafless and dormant through the winter and then spring back to life. We trim the trees and save the wood which is then used to smoke different meats which adds an apple wood flavor which reminds me of how God desires us to be an aroma of good that represents Jesus in the world.
2 Corinthians 2:15  For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
In the fall we enjoy a harvest of apples that reminds me that the fields of lost souls are ripe for the harvest and that some day Jesus will return and only those saved in Him will be picked.
Daniel 12:2 - And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt.

Some have said that I have a weird way of looking at things in nature. I must be honest about that. I can't help but see God in nature. God is the creator of all things and I truly believe that. When I look at the things I see I know God has created them for us. Looking at nature that way just seems to make it that much more special.

Enjoy and apple today. God made them for you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment