Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Friendship what is it? 5/15/2013

Good Morning,

Coffee today is Door County Hawaiian Hazel Nut!! Good to the last drop.

Over the years I have been blessed with a few friends. To me each one is special and brings out the best in me and others. But what does God say a friend should be?

The Lord Jesus Christ gave us the definition of a true friend: "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you" (John 15:13-15). Jesus is the pure example of a true friend, for He laid down His life for His "friends." What is more, anyone may become His friend by trusting in Him as his personal savior, being born again and receiving new life in Him.
If we were to take these passages as a survey or quiz on ourselves what would your test score say about you as a friend? Do you go the extra mile without being asked? Do you give up time for others?

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment