Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Friendship is Hard Work Part 1 5/21/13

 Good Morning Dear Friends.

My cup is overflowing with some Door County Coconut Crush Coffee.

This morning I started this devotional with "Good Morning Dear Friends".  Many of you who read this are from different countries and I have never met you. Some who read this are from my own church or are relatives. I call you Dear Friends because I want you to know that someone loves you. God loves you and has called me for now to write these snippets as He leads. So whoever reads them and gets anything at all from a particular day it is because God loves you and sent a message through me to you. We will be starting a short series on friendship and hard work.

There are times that I struggle to stay up late to write to you or get up early to launch the devotional for the day. I am not complaining because I consider it pure joy to be used by God. It is a labor of love. Which now leads me to the lesson. Anything worth doing takes work. Friendship is definitely something worth doing. Friendship is not easy or cheap. A good friend does not count the cost of being a friend.

Here is what the Bible has to say on that subject. So today will be the first of a short series on friendship.  Friendship was made by God for us. Here are some verses that tell us how important friends are.

Proverbs 11:14 Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Proverbs 19:20 Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.
Proverbs 24:5 A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might,
Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment