Monday, May 13, 2013

Harley Davidson 110th Anniversary and God 5/13/2013

Good Morning,

I am starting today with some Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. Now for some Cheerios and off I go.

Last week our church met with a cycle group called the CMA. Christian Motorcycle Association. My church (Faith Bible Church) has a few of our members who are part of the group of riders. They have a vision to minister in prayer and outreach during Harley's 110th Anniversary. During the Labor Day weekend hundreds of thousands of riders will come to Milwaukee to celebrate. Our church will be used as a head quarters and camp ground for the Christian Riders who will man booths around the city for prayer and presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the many many riders from around the world.

This partnership in the Gospel is not complete yet and all the assignments are not quite handed out. What I saw here was the power of God to use people clothed differently, of like minds to unite in a cause to further His Kingdom. As we prayed together I was wondering what God might be thinking.

This verse came to mind.
Philippians 1:18
 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.


I am not a cycle rider. I am a duck hunter through and through. My hobby dresses me differently from the passion that Harley Riders have for their cycles. But all of us there were saved by grace through Jesus Christ. We may dress differently but we are all of one mind in Jesus. So with the power of the Holy Spirit uniting two different groups in a Holy cause, God's will be done!
Pray for us as we head to a mission field that God sent to us! I can't wait.

Have a great day.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment