Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Studying With The Guys 9/12/2018

Good Morning,

Door County Maple Coffee to the rescue this morning for this sleepy guy. Long day ahead of me and it looks like the weather will be awesome.

Romans 15:4 New International Version (NIV)
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

Last night was Men's Bible Study Night. As we usually do, we kicked off the first night of our weekly studies with a pot luck dinner. Not to be bragging about my buddies but those guys can put on a pot lock dinner. It just amazes me at what kind of dishes those guys make.



Now here is what I want to talk about this morning. We had a new fellow lead the class last night and we are doing a different topic each week until we launch into a 12-15 week study. He has led classes before, but our desire is to use his talent more and more. Our class consisted on men from 17 years old to 84 years old. I sat and listened and read  out loud when asked to. But I really enjoyed listening. Every guy participated and the questions or comments were well thought out and truly a blessing.

We chose a one night  study of angels. Now that doesn't sound too manly I suppose. But the guys really were stimulated by being together, studying and learning from God's Word. I personally felt like I was with a bunch of scholars or theologians. I learned a few things and also a couple different ways to consider Scripture and try to apply it. The young fellas were very impressive with their contributions to the discussions. I guess what I am trying to say is that there were no fences created by age nor was there anyone who didn't feel like they belonged.

I was better for having been there to study with these men. Try it. A Bible study in an accepting environment is like a little bit of heaven on Earth. It does make you admit that there is always more to learn and that you are never finished.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment