Monday, September 10, 2018

Glad To Be Here 9/10.2018

Good Morning,

Waking up early was something I planned to do later but the Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee started to perk and sleeping longer was no longer and option.

Psalm 122 New King James Version (NKJV)122 
I was glad when they said to me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

Yesterday afternoon I  packed up the truck with hunting gear and whistled for our dog Gibbs to come and jump in. He flew into the back seat of the truck and we were off to hunt geese. I drove us to a spot that I haven't hunted in about six years. It used to be a regular spot for me and our dog Fritz. Once we arrived I grabbed my gear and off we walked to get to the spot I wanted to hunt from. We did see some geese, but none close enough to shoot.



I did have time to drink a Coke and share some pretzels with Gibbs. During my stay at the "spot" I also had time to pray. I recalled each of the guys and a lady that I hunted with out there and prayed for them. The wind made the marsh feel cool  and I started thinking about how I fell into the water there a couple of times. That gave me a good laugh. Soon it was time to leave the watery marsh and walk back to the truck.  I decided to close my prayer time by telling God how much I enjoyed the time out in that beautiful marsh. I thanked Him for the day and said "Glad to be here Lord". I am sure He knew about my day without having to hear it from me. But is just seemed to be appropriate to share with Him that I appreciated the blessing of this day. Friends, God is everywhere and I know He was with me in the marsh. So really I was in His house. I rejoiced for having been there.
 
Psalm 84:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 Better is one day in your court than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
 
God has given us many beautiful days. Don't be afraid to acknowledge Him being there.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment