Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Finding A Stream In The Middle Of A Desert. 9/18/2018

Good Morning,

I just hit the floor and that is when the Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee started to brew. I have a bit of a long drive ahead of me today so my Thermos Bottle needs to be full of my hot java.

Yesterday I had to drop off our truck for some service. Through miscommunication between Rene and I, she was not at the service garage after I left from work. When I called her, she was home wondering where I was. I told her that I would start walking home and that she should call me if she did not see me walking. There is only one way to get to this service garage and we were sure not to miss each other. She said she was leaving right away to pick me up.

I started walking and in no time flat I had gone about a half of a mile. Still no Rene in sight. It was very warm outside but the walk felt good and I kept going. I was getting a little thirsty and needed a cool drink. Up ahead was a gas station with cold beverages. They were really cold and I was very happy to purchase two and head down the road. That cold beverage was just what I needed. I bought the second one to share with Rene when she picked me up/

God is like a cold beverage on a hot day. Turning to Him during those dry desert like times in our life is like finding a cool stream in the middle of a desert. We just have to jump in and submerge ourselves in the fact that we are His child. God is our Father and He knows what we are going through.

Matthew 6:32 New Living Translation (NLT)
32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.
 
We think God has abandoned us at times. It is at those times when we should recall how He came through in the past and the lesson we learned. With every lesson in school there is always a quiz. The quiz is to see if we remember what we learned. It is the same way with trials. We learn a lesson and along comes another trial to see if we remember to turn to God and place our trust in Him again.
We need to find our way back to the stream of life in the desert times of our lives.
 
If you are in a season of despair look for God in your sand storm and follow Him. He will be your stream in the desert. Love to all.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment