Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Just A Little Too Close 9/19/2018

Good Morning,


I am out of town for work this week and I was smart enough to pack a supply of Door County Maple Coffee. This hotel is nice but the coffee resembles paint at best.


Yesterday while traveling to my destination I stopped for a few minutes to stretch my legs and get something to drink at a gas station. When I returned to my Jeep I found that another driver had parked in the space next to me. On the other side of the Jeep was a wall. I parked close to the wall so I would have plenty of room to get into the Jeep with these weary knees. The car parked next to me was parked rather sloppily and it made getting into the Jeep impossible.


The only thing I could do was wait for the car owner to return to the car and move it. I did try entering the Jeep from the rear back door. My knees weren't cooperating and I almost dislocated the left one.
Philippians 4:13 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 I can do all things through [a]Christ who strengthens me.

Twenty minutes into this circus the owner of the car showed up and said," Oh it looks like I over parked a little". I agreed and asked if she could mover her car so I could get going. My blood pressure was reaching an all time new high. I wanted to go off like a nuclear blast but held my tongue thinking my wife and God would be proud of me. She never apologized but said that she hadn't intended to be in the gas station that long but she needed to shop a little and she ran into an old friend so they chatted awhile.  " I hope you didn't mind waiting" were the next words out of her mouth as she went to get into her car and move it. I believe my facial expression must have given my feelings away. Then she said it, "You older people are too impatient. You need to relax and chill." My windows were open and I thanked her for moving her car and told her that I would be praying for her. I didn't say why I was praying but it was for her own safety. The next person she blocks in or insults their age might not appreciate the moment as much as I did. I did pray that she would wake up and realize that she has a rude streak in that personality. I however thanked God for helping me to zip my lip. I had prayed about the travel portion of my week and I believe I was tested to see how I would respond. It was a close call. We need to pray about the specifics when we pray. I prayed for safety not on how to deal with rude people. There was almost a meltdown in that parking lot. Prayer is the answer for dealing with the irritations of the day.

Marty



2 comments: