Sunday, September 2, 2018

Hard Boiled Eggs And The Bible 9/2/2018

Good Morning,

September arrived yesterday, quietly and under my radar screen. Where has the year gone? I have a hot cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee sitting next to me and I am awake enough to write down my thoughts for today.



We will be celebrating with Rene's family today. Our annual picnic will take place later this afternoon. I think we will be celebrating indoors due to the weather. There is a lot on today's menu which includes Italian sausages, grilled chicken breasts stuffed with asparagus, potato salad, baked beans, fruit and vegetables. I will also attempt to make deviled eggs. The eggs are cooking on the stove right now. I have a time set so I can pull them away from the heat at just the right minute. I expect that they will be completed before I finish writing. Our mother taught me how to boil an egg so that later it would be easier to remove the shells. With this recipe, timing is everything. I have never strayed from that lesson and it has never failed me.

My point is this, God has given us the Bible to learn from, and in it are lessons for life. God would never lead us astray. His name is on the line. God only teaches the right directions in His Word.

Psalm 23:2-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

As I expected I had to break away to remove the eggs from the stove and start the cooling process. Such is life and following directions. We tend to want to follow our own pathways which at times are outside of Biblical parameters. Our pathway seems correct but like an egg that is supposed to be hard boiled, our pathway becomes a sloppy mess, like an undercooked egg. Now in some instances people like their eggs served runny with toast. But I have never seen a mother or a small child enjoy a runny Easter egg. Their clothing and everyone else would be a mess. Someone didn't follow the directions.

Psalm 119:105 New King James Version (NKJV)105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

Friends turn back to the Bible for life's directions. It is the only way to stay on course in these changing and turbulent times we live in.


God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment