Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Peace Of Mind 9/5/2018

Good Morning,

My mug was just filled with Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee. I decided to eat breakfast at home. today.  I was blessed with a bowl of watermelon and grapes. Not a bad way to start off a day.
 
Philippians 4:6-7 New King James Version (NKJV)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The word anxiety is all too common in our lives. I believe it should be considered a four letter foul word. If I said I was never anxious about something or that I didn't suffer from anxiety attacks now and then I would be lying to you.



When I go to God in prayer I find that anxiety lessens or disappears. One of the main points in the verses above is that we need to guard our hearts and minds from the attack of the enemy who seeks to destroy us with worry and panic.

So when I pray I ask God to help me guard my heart and mind. The key to that is to be thankful to have a God that invites us to pray and talk with Him. I also use that time to praise Him in song by humming a favorite hymn or worship tune. It's then that the peace which I cannot explain takes over. It is a peace that is like none other. I know by going to God in prayer and talking to Him I have done all that I can do. His words from the Bible come back to me and like cough medicine to a cold, they quiet my soul.

Friend, if today finds you in a sea of anxiety, spend some time praying, and talking to God. Let Him give you a song to sing. He just might sing with you.

Zephaniah 3:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment