Friday, September 7, 2018

Anger And Cramps Psalm 37 9/7/2018

Good Morning,

I just took my first sip of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee and it's a winner. Happy Friday to all of you on this day that the Lord has given to us.



I learned a valuable lesson many years ago and it came in two parts. When I first became a Christian a fella from our church took me under his wing to mentor me and be a sounding board for questions. This relationship has paid benefits a hundred fold or more. The first thing that he taught me was that God had a plan for my life and it did not include most of my antics. He instructed me to read God's Bible from cover to cover and try to start living by God's principles. I did as He instructed, praying as I read verse after verse, chapter after chapter. It wasn't too long before I realized that God spoke to me (us) through the Bible and I needed to take what He said literally.

I was reading Psalm 37 one night after a very stressful day. It seemed like the world was a dog and I was a fire hydrant. My stomach was cramped up and I felt miserable. While reading Psalm 37 I became aware that the tension I felt down in the pit of my stomach was not typical gastrointestinal cramps but anger that was stored within. I knew then  and there That God was speaking to me and not only did I need to read the Psalm I needed to follow what God was saying to me through it. I read the whole Psalm but God was teaching His lesson from verses 1-8. Let me show you what He said.

Psalm 37 New King James Version (NKJV)
 
A Psalm of David.
37 Do not fret because of evildoers, Worry about your own issues not those of others.
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, Fear Me, you aren't perfect either
And wither as the green herb.
Trust in the Lord, and do good; Trust Me and keep doing good,.
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Go to church and feed on my Word. I am faithful
Delight yourself also in the Lord, Put Me first in all that you do.
And He shall give you the desires of your heart. I will become the desire of your heart.
Commit[a] your way to the Lord, Don't be wishy washy. Be committed to me.
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass. Trust me and I will help you heal.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; I will comfort you. I am there for you. I give rest to your soul.
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Don't scheme to get even. You can't do My job.
Do not fret—it only causes harm. Be still and know that I am God. Follow Me and  My ways, not yours.
 
My stomach cramps were gone when I prayed this passage from Psalm 37. Every now and then I have to go back and read this again. I pray my way through my time spent in this gold mine of healing and knowledge. This just might help someone today. Pass it on. I know it helped me.
 
Love to all,
 
Marty

2 comments:

  1. Great Reminders... Thank you for the guide posts to having God's Peace, Guidance and Presence within us each moment of every day.
    The B.I.B.L.E. - God's enablement to "Trust and Obey".

    ReplyDelete