Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Waiting For The Garage To Clean Itself 5/2/2018

Good Morning,

I want to send a note of encouragement to all who read this today. God loves you and has a plan for your day. My mug was just filled with Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and I just finished a breakfast of apples and honey. That breakfast was a winner!

It's been a long time coming to this house, but a MAJOR GARAGE CLEANING is taking place and it looks like it will last for a few days. This chore is way overdue and isn't exactly a lot of fun. I have been hoping that one day I would wake up and the garage would be cleaned out for me. I finally conceded that it just wasn't going to happen and if I was looking for a helping hand I needed to look at the end of my own arm.

What's taking me so long is that I examine everything that should be tossed out and taken to the dump to see if I can repurpose it. I say to myself, " I might need that someday". Well in some instances I haven't needed it yet in twenty years. What makes me think that I will use it this year or the next? Only another fool would understand my thought process.  I have a lot of things that will be recycled through a local charity and the garbage dump attendees will get to know me pretty well by the time I am done with this chore of my own doing!

To say the least I HAVE PROCRASTINATED! And now what could be a small semi annual chore has turned into a project. I have already found a couple of things that "I put away for safe keeping" and then repurchased because I could not remember where that safe place was. I am sure that I am the only one who does that dumb stunt. I am paying for my disorganization and procrastination.  Now here's the point. I need to remember the lesson learned here. My garage has become confusing, even to me. It looks bad. And it now is causing me too much work because of "let's face it, LAZINESS".

The Bible has something to say about my self induced plight.

A.       1 Corinthians 14:33 Living Bible (TLB)
33 God is not one who likes things to be disorderly and upset. He likes harmony, and he finds it in all the other churches.

Our home represents God and it is an example of Christianity, Our garage should not be a mess. And it should be organized.

B.      Proverbs 12:24 New King James Version (NKJV) 24 The hand of the diligent will rule,
But the lazy man will be put to forced labor.


My laziness has caused me to be enslaved to the task now.
C. Ecclesiastes 11:4 New King James Version (NKJV)

He who observes the wind will not sow, And he who regards the clouds will not reap.


Procrastinating has caused me to not be able to enjoy our garage and have clear space to work on the little projects that I like to refinish or build.

So to end this blog today I warn everyone to not follow my poor example, but to stay even with the task at hand and even better get ahead of it.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment