Monday, May 21, 2018

Flipping The Burgers 5/21/2018

Good Morning,

Wow, Monday came fast and I really wasn't ready for it. The sun is coming up and I can hear the Door County Fuzzy Naval Coffee perking in the kitchen. Whether  I am ready or not, Monday arrived and it's time to start moving.



Yesterday Rene and I were both tied up at work for a good portion of the day. And once I arrived home the weather seemed to improve so I tackled some yard work and split some kindling for next winter. I have said before that I do 90% of all the cooking. But I was at a loss as to what I could make for dinner. I asked Rene if she had any ideas and she did. She asked if we could just grill a couple of hamburgers and eat a small salad with them. I seconded that as a great idea and went about setting up the burgers for the grill. I made two small salads for us before I started the grill. Once the grill was hot I laid two 8 ounce burgers on the grate and started the grilling process. During the grilling I needed to flip the burgers on to their other sides so as to cook both sides equally. This is a normal process for grilling meat.

The problem was this. I could not find my grilling spatula and had nothing to flip the burgers with. I had misplaced the "burger flipper" while cleaning the garage. I went into the house to retrieve another device to rescue our burgers from the grill. I successfully flipped the burgers and within minutes we were dining very well.

Proverbs 14:23 English Standard Version (ESV)
23 In all toil there is profit,
    but mere talk tends only to poverty.

What's the point? If I had let the burgers stay just on one side, the burger would have been burnt on one side and not completely done on the other side. I had to finish what I started and to do so I had to think and then go and retrieve something to flip the burgers. My point is this, "any job big or small do it right or not at all." Every job needs us to stick with it when adversity comes and see that the task is finished correctly.

We can't just talk a good job. We need to see all jobs through from start to finish.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment