Friday, May 25, 2018

Guys! Date Your Wife 5/25/2018

Good Morning,

The old java pot is spewing forth a hot cup of Door County Lakeside Fuzzy Naval Coffee to help begin this day. Happy Friday!



Today is my wife's birthday and in my mind she is forever young. We have shared a lot of birthdays together and she somehow stays 29 years old. We try to make birthdays special and this weekend we will take in a dinner at one of her favorite places to dine. It is going to be just the two of us and we will dress up and call it a date.

As a wife, I would have to say that I have a partner made for me. Rene is always low key and asks for very little. I can take her out for chili dogs or to a fancy restaurant. She does like to get dressed up and I give her all my attention just like before we were married. The days before we were married were spent getting to know each other, falling in love and every date was special.

Proverbs 5:18 Living Bible (TLB)
18 Be happy, yes, rejoice in the wife of your youth.  Let her love alone fill you with delight.

Guys, it needs to be the same many years later. We need to do things with our wives to let them know how special they are to us. It is our duty and privilege to make our wives know how much they are loved, needed and appreciated. It has to happen more than once a year. They don't need to eat off of a tray again. Dress up and make the occasion special. I actually ask her out and say "how about this or that for date night. " Our relationship started with a date and we will date as long as both of us are physically able to.

I remember dancing with her 1000 years ago to a song sung by Anne Murray. The title was Could I have this dance?  The lyrics caught me and stayed with me all these years. "Could I have this dance for the rest of my life? Would you be my partner every night"? This weekend we will dance a slow waltz to that song one more time. I ask you this? Who really dated who? Somehow I came out the winner.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment