Monday, May 14, 2018

The Day After 5/14/2018

Good Morning,

The alarm clock sang an unhappy tune this morning and woke me up from a good night of sleep. I just poured a cup of Door County Lakeside Fuzzy Naval Coffee and I am ready to write.

For the last three days Rene, her mother and I were able to partake in a weekend getaway to one of our favorite places to go. The weather cooperated, although it was cool outside the sun was shining and the three of us had a great time. Nothing like Door County Wisconsin, to chase the blues away.



But here's the point I want to make. Rene and I see these times away differently. Neither of us is right or wrong. But since I do the writing of the blog, I will state my case.  Sometime in the late afternoon on our return home, Rene became sullen and her emotions were overcast and not sunny. You could say that she gets depressed because the vacation has come to an end. I can see her point. It was a grand time as always. This happens with every vacation.

Psalm 118:24 New King James Version (NKJV)
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

My view goes this way. I had a great time. I am thankful for it. I have pictures and memories to discuss later. I for one am already looking forward to the next adventure. Half of the fun in any vacation or adventure is the planning and then the remembering. Doing the adventure just fills in the middle. We were blessed to be together and we shouldn't waste today feeling bad about it. I am not sure what the future holds this year as far as time away. We haven't thought about it much. But my mind will work some overtime soon and we will be planning something. Let the excitement begin.

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment