Friday, May 11, 2018

Live Like You Are Dying 5/11/2018

Good Morning,


Dear Friends  I have a cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee in my hand as I write this. I am preparing for a long day. I wrote this one back in 2012. I decided it was time for a replay.


Psalm 56:8
You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?





Yesterday was a tough day. I watched as my wife and her family had to make the decision to place her Dad into Hospice care. All the school and classes in the world did not prepare me for this day. I really was at a loss as to what to say. Earlier in the day my Father in Law and I had a discussion about eternity with Jesus. He reassured me that there was Jesus in his future. He and I reminisced about that Christmas Eve when he accepted Jesus as his Savior.
Yet I was confronted with my own mortality. I have received Jesus and have made Him Lord and Savior of my life 31 years ago. The above Scripture reminds me that my days are numbered and God knows when He will call me home. I am ready to go. But here is what I learned today.




Tell your family that you love them.
Be kind today. Don't wait for tomorrow.
Scratch your dog's ears.
Hug more.
Pray often.
Feed a family.
Say please and thank you.
Read your Bible more.
Live like you were dying.


God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment