Monday, March 9, 2015

True Accomplishments 3/9/2015

Good Morning Dear Friends,

Today will start early and run late into the day. I am looking forward to my big cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee. I had a great weekend and I am still a little tired. Fresh air and walking will always wear me out. These legs don't work as well as they used to.
Yesterday was day two of the Faith Bible Church Men's Ministry Annual Pheasant Hunt. The weather was warm and the guys shot very well over trained dogs. A great time was had by all.

All of us have achieved goals or accomplishments that have either been set for us, we stumbled into, or we chose to do. I for one have never bowled a great game, but many others have. I have never received a medal for being able to spell but others have. I have never saved a life, but others have. I have achieved some awards with my hunting dogs and have massed huge amounts of bird retrieves over the years. Yesterday we celebrated as Gibbs passed the 400 mark while still 2 years old. He will be 3 soon though. But in the realm of heaven all of our accomplishments, although some are brave and brilliant are nothing compared to what Jesus has done for all of us by dying on the cross to save a world. What does it matter how many retrieves a dog makes? None really.

Acts 20:24New King James Version (NKJV)
24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God

The closest I can come to a heavenly accomplishment is to try and live out Acts 20:24. I do look forward to the finish line some day.
I must confess that as much as I cook and make some pretty nice meals I cannot make a Jello mold. I have tried and tried, over and over again, without success. Even if I master the Jello mold some day, what will it matter except to me? When I die, do you think that someone will get up and say, I remember his one good Jello mold? No they won't.


Our goal should be to hear; ............
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Matthew 25:21King James Version (KJV)

Aim high today!

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment