Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Only A Fool Would Say, There Is No God. 3/18/2015

Good Morning,

May the Lord bless you today with peace from above. I am looking forward to that first cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee this morning. I don't know what the day will bring, but with God for me, who can be against me?

Psalm 14:1-2
14 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”
    They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds,
    there is none who does good.
The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man,
    to see if there are any who understand,
    who seek after God.
 
I was listening to a man yesterday tell a few others that "there is no God". I was not in the mood to debate with the fella. I was however in the mood to pray for him. I kept thinking, hasn't he witnessed a sunset, or a full moon? Has he never watched the tides come and go? Has he never seen a new born baby snuggle with mom and know exactly how to eat? Has he ever tasted honey? He must never have eaten fresh roasted summer corn. He must never have experienced love. I wondered if he ever watched the snow fall? I struggled with his statement, but most of all I felt sorry for him. He had no one to thank for all he possessed, saw, or experienced. I know it all came from God, but remember what he said "there is no God".
 
Later I heard this man boast about all of his accomplishments in life and then I realized that he suffered from terminal selfishness. He did not want to give anyone credit for anything they did for him. He did it all himself. He finally won me over and I had to tell him that he was right and wrong. I explained,  to him, the God I love and honor does not exist. But that there was definitely a god in his life and if he wanted to see his god, he should just look in the mirror. His sin of selfishness was robbing him from seeing that God the Father truly exists. 
 
I had to walk away in prayer for him. I shed a tear for the man God has labeled a fool.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment