Monday, March 30, 2015

Longing For God 3/30/2015

Good Morning World.

My morning was just made better with prayer, scripture, and a cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee. That will be the last of this flavor until next fall.
 

One thing about Wisconsin is the cold weather just doesn't impact our desire for a frozen custard treat. Like a hot fudge sundae covered with a few cherries. It can be 10 degrees below zero and our frozen custard emporiums will have customers. We love our custard here. Ice cream is good but frozen custard is tops here.  Last night I had an urge for a frozen treat and I know it doesn't take too much arm twisting to get my faithful shot gun rider wife to go along.

But here's the problem. I was already in my pajamas and did not want to change into travel clothes. So the short trip and the treat did not happen. I guess I did not desire the custard enough.

Psalm 42:1
As the deer pants for water, so I long for you Dear God.

A white tail deer runs quickly and for long distances if it senses or smells a threat. After this long runs on a hot July night the deer needs water. I have watched a deer panting for water in the cold fall morning as it comes to the water's edge to drink while I am duck hunting. You can hear it's breathing in the stillness. It has come to the water source that it knew was there. It needed to be refreshed and replenished. Only the water would help. That's all the deer desired. Deer usually fear people. That deer knew that I was there and there wasn't anything going to stop it from drinking what he  needed.

How long can we go without intimate time spent with God? I really like custard but will be just fine without it. I wasn't willing to pay the price of changing clothes to obtain my custard fix. Really? Changing clothes is not that big of a deal. But what keeps us from spending time with the Creator of all? Do we allow little things to get in the way? If we do, I have to say that the desire just isn't there.  It should be! If it isn't, you need to look within yourself and ask "what is holding me back? What is more important than spending time with God"?



Have a great day. Satisfy your soul with some quality time spent with God.

Love you all.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment