Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday Sunrise 3/28/2015

Good Morning,

May your day be blessed from above. Our weather is very cold this morning for a spring day in March. A heavy frost is on the ground. That warrants two things in this house. A small fire is crackling in the fireplace and the Door County Highlander Grog Coffee is just a little hotter.



I was up and out of bed early. I wanted to see the sun come up. Usually I am already inside at work when the sun rises. So today I didn't have to work. That afforded me time to get to the den and sip on my coffee as the sun came up. There is just something about a sunrise and a sunset that is magnetizing to me. I love to watch both. I especially love them in the fall when I am with a hunting buddy, sitting on a lake or a marsh waiting for a flock of ducks to fly by. The coffee tastes sweeter and the donut seems bigger during a sunrise.

I guess watching the sun start a day and then later lay it to rest is a miracle of love that reminds me that God painted that scene and He knows that I will see it. Billions of people see it also. But God knows that I see it too. He reminds me that I am loved. Even a large, grown, old man likes to know that he is loved from above. In order to do that though, it takes a little time to be still and observe. No greater time than a quiet morning to reflect on God's love and watch the picture He paints for you.

Psalm 65:8New International Version (NIV)
The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders;
    where morning dawns, where evening fades,
    you call forth songs of joy.
 
If you missed it today, get up early tomorrow and enjoy God's masterpiece he has just for you. You won't be late for church.
 
God bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment