Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Giving With The Right Heart 3/31/2015

Good Morning,

I was listening to a young man and his little boy this weekend and I cannot help but write about the experience. So as I sip on my cup of Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee my thoughts will pour on to this page.

Acts 20:35
In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.

I was grocery shopping this weekend when I heard a little boy ask his dad a question. "Dad why are we buying this food for poor people?" Their grocery cart was stacked full. Dad's answer was right on. "Because we can afford to buy a little extra and give some to people who aren't blessed with as much money as us. Some people have bad luck once in awhile and need a little help. So we are going to give these groceries to a shelter that will help people."  My ears strained to hear as I followed them. The little boy asked "So God doesn't love them?" Dad replied "He certainly does love them. He blessed others so they can help those with less.. We are blessed to be able to help and the people receiving this are blessed to receive it." "I wish Mom was here to see this big cart of food, said the little boy."  Dad replied, "me too. But she is the one who taught us to do this. She always gave right from the heart." "Is that why she gave her heart away when she died in the crash?" Said the little boy. Dad just smiled and said "she always gave to others, even if she didn't know them."

These parents taught their little boy to give to a need without expecting a thanks. They give with the right heart.

Can you afford not to teach your kids this lesson?

Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment