Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sliders 3/29/2015

Good Morning,

Sunday once again has peeked over the horizon. As I sit and ponder what this day might bring with the dog curled at my feet. I can't help but smile as I drink my Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. This is the day God has made and I am blessed to be a part of it.



Proverbs 14:14  
The backslider in heart will be filled with the fruit of his ways, and a good man will be filled with the fruit of his ways.

Pictured above are "sliders" being prepared for the grill. A slider is a small sandwich, typically around 3 in across, served in a bun. The term primarily refers to small hamburgers, but can also cover any small sandwich served on a slider roll. Although the slider is a small hamburger it is still a hamburger. If you eat two - three of them you really have eaten a full hamburger. So you really can't say that you have just eaten a small hamburger.

That's just how people like to relate to being lazy in their faith. "I'll just miss church once this month". "I'll just skip reading my Bible on the weekends". "I don't have time to use my gifts or talents for God" "No one will miss me anyway if I don't come" "I just want to get drunk once in awhile".

Anyway you slice this pie it is backsliding. Although we dress it up as "just this once, just a little bit, something else came up", it is what it is. Backsliding in you faith.  You have to call a burger a burger. You have to call backsliding a sin. 

Enjoy your day! Church anyone?

God bless,
Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment