Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sinking Sand 3/15/2015

Good Morning,

As I look out of my window I see that God has painted the grass with some spring frost this fine morning. The sun is coming up and the frost will soon disappear and give way to the warmer air. In the meantime my view looks like our grass has been sprinkled with crystal. To help warm me up my mug is filled with Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. Spring has arrived.

Isaiah 28:16    
Therefore thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I am the one who has laid as a foundation in Zion, a stone, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, of a sure foundation: ‘Whoever believes will not be in haste.

Yesterday was a day that a few chores needed to be done. A couple of the chores required the use of a large ladder. As I described in my opening remarks, spring has arrived and the snow banks that once buried our property are melting. The ground has absorbed about as much water as it can right now and the soil is not firm at all. I noticed that on the Eastern side of our property, water actually flies up when the dog runs in a couple areas.

So I set up the ladder to get to the top of our house and proceeded to climb. About half way up my journey the ladder started to lean to the right. I was only up about ten feet but it was time to come done before my decent was a little more rapid. Going any further would have resulted in a trip to the hospital.  The problem was that one leg of my ladder had begun to sink and caused the leaning. I was not on solid ground. I needed a firm foundation. Armed later with heavy plywood that spanned a larger mass on the ground, I was able to set up the ladder successfully and complete the repairs.

There is an old hymn that speaks of Jesus Christ as our foundation. " On Christ The solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand". In my own efforts to perform the repairs to our home I could not get the job done without a solid foundation. Many people work long hours and seek counseling to repair broken lives without the proper foundation to start with. All the world has to offer in assistance is only setting up our hopes in sinking sand. All life repairs need to start on a firm foundation. Jesus Christ the True Architect of all life is that foundation. Jesus calls to us to come to him so he can repair broken lives. The following verses are an invitation from Jesus to give the load to Him. I have added nothing to the dialogue from God's Word. He is speaking to you right now, not me.

Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

1 Peter 5:7

casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:13
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
John 14:
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
 
Friends, you might not be in need of this today, but someone you know has never invited Jesus Christ into their lives as Lord and Savior. Their life is standing in sinking sand. They have no hope for tomorrow, no hope for eternity and they don't know where to turn. Send this to them, share it on social media.
But it might just be you that needed to hear from God's own word that you are loved and He desires to have a relationship with you that all starts with Jesus.  Won't you do that today?
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment