Saturday, March 7, 2015

Back To the Beginning. 3/7/2015

Good Morning Dear Friends,

My coffee this morning is Door County Caramel Apple. What a nice start to a Saturday. Off to the fields to chase some ditch chickens (pheasants).

Last night I was able to meet with an old friend for a cup of coffee. My friend is at a cross road in life and wanted to talk. A little coffee, a little prayer, a little listening, and a little advice, were all part of our meeting. I believe that in everyone's life there comes a time when the right choices need to be made.

Psalm 22:9-10New King James Version (NKJV)
But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.
10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother’s womb
You have been My God.
 
I have learned that in order to get the proper perspective on the future that I often need to go back to the beginning and remember the past. This is what King David did in our Scripture this morning. David went  back as far as his birth. Life hadn't always been this tough. David told us the truth when he said that if it weren't for God he would not have even existed. He remembered how God had always helped him.  Looking back he wrote that his whole existence was God's will. There was more to life than his present suffering.
 
If things are rough right now, go back and remember the love relationship you once had with God. Go back to when he carried you last. If you can't remember that, go back and know that He formed you in the womb and brought you into this world in His time. He gave you strength to grow and will do it again and again and again. 
 
I titled this "Back To The Beginning. " Maybe it should have been titled "Back To The Future". Sometimes in order to move forward we need to carry our past into the future.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment