Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Radical Faith 3/25/2015

Good Morning,

As I head out of the door and into the car a very hot cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee is in my left hand. I remembered to pack my lunch today. I am blessed with cottage cheese and hot pepper relish as well as  some oranges that were sent to us a long way by a friend of ours. God is good.

When I use the words "radical faith" many people cringe. People picture many things in their minds. They might picture large groups drinking juice laced with poison and all dying together. They might picture a suicide bomber approaching a large building to kill and cripple many others. Some might picture people selling carnations on the curb for days on end, not eating and supporting some guy half a world away who has proclaimed himself to be the "chosen one". These all give the term radical a bad rap. This type of faith although radical in it's approach is not from God.

Isaiah 6:8New King James Version (NKJV)
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
“Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
 
I sat last night teaching a new group of radicals. It's a small group who answered God's call to give up a week of their time and serve within our city to help young women this summer. Their call is to make a difference by loving their neighbor who they haven't met yet. They are hoping for an explosion also. They want an explosion of the Holy Spirit to move in the hearts of men, children and women in revival for Jesus Christ. This is truly radical faith. They will leave the comfort of their homes, surrender their ipods, serve people they don't know, love those who God has placed in their paths and spend a week with people they barely know. This is radical faith. They know God is at work and they have answered His call to join Him, trust Him and grow closer to Him. This is the type of radical faith that moves mountains and breaks down walls. This type of faith requires an obedience to answer the call of God. Radical faith in God is obedient faith.
 
I am looking forward to joining them in His work.
 
 

Jeremiah 33:3New King James Version (NKJV)
‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.

By the way Lord, I'll go.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment