Thursday, March 12, 2015

Standing Up For A Child 3/12/2015

Good Morning,

Each day we receive, is a gift from God. I opened my gift pretty early today. My coffee of choice today is Door County Mocha Mint. Nothing like a hot mug of coffee and prayer to start the day.

Matthew 18:10        
“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

I listened intently to a friend of mine as he requested prayer for a family the other day. It seems as if the father of this family was roughing up his kids physically and mentally. During fits of rage the father performs these acts of abuse. Of course there was immediate prayer and concern. I literally could not sleep thinking about the kids within the family. What truly amazed me is that the mother has not taken action to leave the situation and protect the kids.

Psalms 27:10- When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

This lack of action is equally a sin and for either, there is no excuse.

My wife has offered up our home as a place of refuge for the wife and children. It did not take her long to tell me what we needed to offer as an action to stand up for these kids. I asked her what she would do if the father showed up here all angry with rage? Her reply was, "that's what the police are for, we have a dog, and I am sure I can shoot straight. This home belonged to God long ago. It was protected from a tornado, ice storms and flooding. It has always been open as a refuge. I'll trust God to protect it again. And remember I sleep with a lion"

We all have the duty to do more than just pray for kids being smacked around. We need to step up and protect them. If you have the opportunity to help someone who is being abused don't hesitate. Give them an out.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment