Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus 1/12/14

Good Morning,

Can't say I started my day with coffee from The Door County Coffee Company. But I caught up and I am warming up with a cup of Cherry Crème Decaf this afternoon.
I was up and out early guiding for pheasants today. Somehow I forgot to set the coffee maker for the correct time. I was a little hurried and ended up drinking gas station coffee. The hazmat team should be called if anyone spills that stuff! Just goes to show that you can't even trust your own memory anymore.

But there is one you can trust at all times. His name is Jesus. He is the Son of God.  I would have to say that someone who lays down their own life for us out of love can be trusted. Shouldn't we trust Him to lead us in all things then?

John 3:16                     

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,           

Romans 5:8                    

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us
 
There is an old hymn that I like to hear. I have copied the lyrics below for you.
 
  1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to take Him at His Word;
    Just to rest upon His promise,
    And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
    • Refrain:
      Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
      How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
      Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
      Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
  2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to trust His cleansing blood;
    And in simple faith to plunge me
    ’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
  3. Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just from sin and self to cease;
    Just from Jesus simply taking
    Life and rest, and joy and peace.
  4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
    Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
    And I know that Thou art with me,
    Wilt be with me to the end.
I have trusted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. But there is more. When the road gets rough I know I can go to Him for advice and help.

Won't you trust Him today?

God Bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment