Sunday, January 26, 2014

Make Me A Blessing Today 1/26/14

Good Morning,

Early riser today for a Sunday. The fireplace is glowing from last night's logs with just a few hot remaining embers. Some kindling and new logs and the warm fire will heat up the house. A pot of minestrone soup has been started and my coffee this morning is Door County Candy Cane.

         

3 John 1:11                     

Beloved, do not imitate evil but imitate good. Whoever does good is from God; whoever does evil has not seen God

Yesterday I was blessed to go to breakfast with some of the men from our church. The plan was to arrive at the diner at 5:AM where a young lady from church works. In Bible study this week we heard about our sister in Christ who could not attend church due to circumstances in her life. We also were told that she needed a better job as working in the diner on third shift did not bring in a lot of tips. So the men prayed and said "why not visit her Saturday morning before her shift is done, eat breakfast and pray that God will bless us to be able to over tip"?. 

That's all it took. One good man came to me after Bible study and said "I can't go Saturday but here is money for the tip." As it went 8 of us were able to go. This young lady was elated to see the men of her church. We told her we cared and that we had her back. We were able to pray with her and tell her also that we loved her but God loves her more. Of course there were tears and maybe a few from the guys. We paid our bill and left a tip. I won't say the amount but there were guys at that table that could not afford to give what they gave. But they gave from their heart and the tip was huge.

So who was blessed? I believe both parties were. We had a great time at breakfast. We also saw God bless us enough to be able to give back.

Acts 20:35 (NKJV)

35 I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

We also saw Holy Spirit at work by leading us to her. I believe the young lady was blessed to be reminded that God loves her. So I was hoping for a great Saturday. God exceeded my expectations.

There is an old hymn about being a blessing to others. Please make this hymn (copied below) your prayer for today.

Make Me a Blessing
  1. Out in the highways and byways of life,
      Many are weary and sad;
    Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
      Making the sorrowing glad.
 
         Make me a blessing, make me a blessing,
         Out of my life may Jesus shine;
         Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
         Make me a blessing to someone today.
 
  1. Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love,
      Tell of His pow’r to forgive;
    Others will trust Him if only you prove
      True, every moment you live.

  1. Give as ’twas given to you in your need,
      Love as the Master loved you;
    Be to the helpless a helper indeed,
      Unto your mission be true.
       God bless,
          Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment