Thursday, January 30, 2014

God Sings? 1/30/14

Good Morning.
On the road this morning early with a cup of Door County Highlander Grog to warm me and keep me awake.

I was thinking about music and God the other day. God has inspired many people to invent and build many musical instruments that when played by a musician  produce wonderful music. God has also created people with talent who can sing with passion. A beautiful voice is to be cherished. I however do not have talent to sing or play an instrument. I play the radio fairly well.


I wish I could tell you how many references to music there are in the Bible. But the number is not important. In Zephaniah I find reading  that  God sings over us  just amazing. I have never heard God actually hum a tune for me , but just knowing that He is singing and providing me with a song in my heart absolutely makes me feel blessed. I like all forms of music. But when I hear a duck quack I thank God for that sound. To me it is another form of music that only God can send.

Zephaniah 3:17

New King James Version (NKJV)
17 The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

 

Psalm 40:3                    

He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord

When I think of all that God does for me, it makes me want to praise Him. Because of His love for me it puts a song in my heart.

Music is a gift from God. Enjoy the thought that God is singing over you!

God Bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment