Friday, January 3, 2014

Following the Snow Plow 1/3/2014

Good Morning,
Friday has come to us again! To celebrate it's return I am trying a new flavor of coffee. I am drinking a big cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee. This one  was a gift from a family member.

Lately I have been driving in a lot of snow storms. Last Sunday for instance was a tough one. As good as my Jeep is in snow I prefer drive pavement. But as I travel in snow storms whether it is day or night I always like to see the highway snow plow trucks ahead of me with their flashing lights moving the snow and laying down some sand or salt behind them. I notice that not too many people pass the trucks in a storm. They line up like little ants and follow the big rigs to their destination. Occasionally I see some pass the trucks and head down the roads in a blind hurry. And then a few miles down the road I see them in a ditch or worse.

I like to think I am a manly guy. But I too tuck in behind the plow trucks and rely on them clearing the way for me. This does take patience and discipline to follow the leader.

Shouldn't we all do this with our lives also? "Follow the Leader" and travel when He says to, stop if He says to, obey the yellow hazard lights He sends out?

Jeremiah 29:11                
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

If you were to write the resume of your life how would it look when you ran the show? Now compare it to letting God run the show? How do you think that would look?

God does not lead us to the ditch of poor choices and sin. Get behind the PLOW?

Travel Safe
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment