Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Circumstances. Make the Best of Them 1/8/14

Good Morning,

Today I have chosen Door County Maple Coffee to help push me out the door and into my car.
My wife says we have been married for a thousand years. So I guess for the last thousand years I have to say that I really never hear her complain. She can always find the "silver lining" in any circumstance.  When it comes to whining she does not have a whole lot of patience with those who like to as she puts it "snivel".

1 Thessalonians 5:18                    
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Philippians 2:14                    
Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

God tells us not to complain and grumble. Many of us have taken on complaining as a vocation. I think I would rather be staked out on an ant hill covered in honey than spend an hour listening to someone complain about everything under the sun.

Not too long ago I said to a young man, "pretty blue sky". He replied, "ya but it's too cold". The cold did not ruin the blue sky. The attitude of not accepting the weather did.  This went on for some time. I said next to the fellow, " Did you know that God loves you?" He replied "No and I don't care. It's just to cold to talk about God". This was probably the most important conversation he could be having and he was still stuck on cold. I imagined this guy being on the Titanic when it sunk and he was one of the few who managed to be placed in a life boat and saved. "Yes I was saved from the depths of the Atlantic by that little life boat. But I got seasick."

Proverbs 17:22                    
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Does complaining really help? I can complain that I am cold or I can get up and put another log on the fire. The fire is warm and nice to look at.

Here's a perfect example. I was just saying to my wife. "I sure am  tired of the snow we have been getting." This was her reply. "Let's go tubing, THERE'S PLENTY OF SNOW!!!!"

 
 
Well that's what it is like to live with an optimist. But she is right. We can't do a thing about the snow. But God sent it to replenish the water in the Great Lakes. We had just better try to see His view and then enjoy it.
 
God bless,
Marty

1 comment: