Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Crying Over Spilled Milk 1/21/14

Good Morning.

It seems as if much of the United States is dealing with some very cold weather for the next few days. Well toughen up buttercup and pour yourself a hot cup of something. My cup is filled with Door County Candy Cane Coffee.

Last night did not work out exactly like I hoped for. On Sunday I grilled some Italian sausages for supper Monday night. My goal was to come home after work and eat a light supper of Italian sausage and baked beans. We hardly ever eat while watching television but last night we broke our rules and grabbed our plates so we could see Honey Boo Boo's family on Family Feud. My wife and I  both grabbed a glass of milk and a plate of food and went to the living room. Remember I said it was cold outside and my brain must have had frost bite to make me watch Honey Boo Boo take on the Cake Boss. Anyhow I reached over for my milk and over she went, all over the carpeting. A week or so ago I wrote about making the best of circumstances. My wife is good at that. She said "finish supper and we'll tackle that spill. It's time for the carpet to be cleaned anyway. You move furniture and I will clean the carpets."

I was still staring at the cup of spilled milk thinking that my anger would make it disintegrate and dry up while she sat munching on a sausage. Long story short. Accidents happen to all of us. My wife could have said don't worry that's where you spilled Dr. Pepper once also. No she chose to make light of it and help make a bad situation better. I thought to myself,  this is what a marriage should be. And then I reminded myself to remember this and laugh it off when she tries to fix something and then makes it worse.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

New International Version (NIV)
Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
 
Now for another cup of coffee. I think I will drink that from a tippy cup!
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment