Sunday, November 17, 2013

Surviving Rough Water 11/17/13

Good Afternoon.

Sorry this is late and that I missed yesterday. I should be back to normal by tomorrow and on schedule. My coffee this morning was Door County Coconut Crush.

Yesterday I had the wonderful experience to spend time duck hunting with my Nephew Nick and my dog Fritz. We were hunting deep water diver ducks and had to set up on a lake. This lake is notorious for getting rough and nasty in a hurry. That is exactly what happened yesterday. We had to pick up our decoys in a hurry and take off for the landing across the lake. the wind was not cooperating. I do enough duck hunting to know that at times like these what needs to be done is "focus". Focus on the shore and a fixed object and do not take your eyes off of that goal. Stay on course and concentrate. That method delivered us right where we needed to be.

Life is the same way. We have days that just seem to be like one storm after another.

Fortunately we have Jesus the Author and Finisher of our Faith. He tells us to focus on Him and he will be our light in the storm. Our port on the sea.

Colossians 3:2                     
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Look for Jesus in the storm.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment