Sunday, November 24, 2013

Raking Leaves 11/24/13

Good Morning.

Frigid Sunday in Wisconsin. My coffee today will be some Door County Harvest Blend.

I have been doing some serious duck hunting these last couple months and some of my chores have been neglected. I am as much of a tree love as anyone, but when it comes to raking leaves I see each tree cut into fire wood. I waited and waited but the leaf raking fairy never showed up to help a good guy out.

But this weekend I was blessed with help that came all the way from Florida. My grandson Dominick is visiting and he and I raked and bagged leaves all afternoon yesterday. He is twelve years old now and worked with me hour for hour. I would still be there today if it were not for him and his help. I am proud to say that my daughter and son in law have raised a hard worker.

We all should be working hard in our vocations. God has given us jobs to do. We need to make sure we perform well at work. We represent God to those who employ us. We are paid a wage and we need to earn it.

Luke 16:10                    
“One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.

When we do not give our best at work we are stealing. Stealing is a sin.  Give your employer what God would expect you to do. God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment