Thursday, November 7, 2013

Dad 11/7/13

Good Morning,
Started my day with a big cup of Door County Maple Coffee.

Today is my Dad's birthday. He is 81 years old today. We are blessed to still have him with us. Dad lives a quiet life in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Today I am recalling some of the things he taught me.

Always say please and thank you.
Don't stick out your tongue at people. (That was a lesson learned the hard way).
One shot one deer.
Go to work and earn your pay.
Oil your boots, which I know for sure his dad taught him to do.
Don't rock the boat.
Garlic is good, especially on venison.
The difference between a cross cut and a rip saw.
Eat the fat on your pork chop, it is good for you. I now have high cholesterol. Not a good lesson!

But as I think of him in my mind. I don't see an 81 year old. I see him younger and throwing snowballs, beating us at basketball, working on our cars and starting the grill.



So today I choose to remember all the good and smile. Go back in your mind and find a happy time or place. It was a gift from God. Recall it and smile.

Philippians 4:8 (NKJV)

Meditate on These Things

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Happy Birthday Dad
Love Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment