Friday, November 1, 2013

Saving Money. Is it Biblical? 11/1/13

Dear Friends. Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday and I am at it early. My coffee choice today is Door County Maple!  Two cups at least.

I have heard people say to me. "How can you be a Christian and invest or save money"?

I sought out God's Word to see if I am being Biblical and following God's laws by having a savings and investing a little for rainy days and retirement. I want to say that anything I own is not really mine. It has been given to me by God. But yet I ponder the question.

Proverbs 21:20

Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it.                  

Proverbs 13:11                     

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.              

Proverbs 13:22                     

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous.

I am convinced from God's word that we are to share and be kind to our neighbors. I am also convinced that as God blesses us we are to care for our families. This means paying our bills, not leaving a mess to our families if possible and trying to save for rainy days.
So if God blesses you with an abundance, be sure to share and set some aside as you can,. And yes we are to give back to God and support our local church. That is a must and should be first. Don't forget it is God's money anyway.

God bless

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment