Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mr. Potato Head 11/14/13

Good Morning.
 
I am hot on today's trail with a good cup of Door County Maple Coffee in my hand.
 
If you are my age you will remember this.
 
This is the original potato head game. You actually used a potato and adorned it with things from the game box and created funny looking potato men and women. I loved this game as a kid. Of course we did not play it too often because it wasted food.
 
I remember making my best potato head face and body ever. The potato was perfect and the end result was hilarious. I decided to keep it. But after a few days the potato started to ooze liquid and began to smell funny. Within a week my artwork was shriveled and smelled even worse. You see the tater head I created was dead. It did not have life and it stunk. God has created us all to be alive in Him and use our gifts that He has given us. Those saved in Jesus Christ have been given spiritual gifts. And they should be used.
 

Galatians 5:22-23

New King James Version (NKJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
 
 
Christians who do not exercise their spiritual gifts are lazy and out of shape spiritually. They get crabby and complacent. They then begin to stink up their lives and the lives of others. Just like a rotten potato does for the whole tater sack.
 
We need to be a sweet aroma to those we meet, work with, worship with and live with.
 
Come on. Don't be a Potato  Head.
 
God bless,
Marty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment