Monday, November 25, 2013

Shall We Gather At The River? 11/25/13


I was able to duck hunt this weekend with my grandson Dominick and my nephew Nick. During the weekend Dominick said something to me that struck me as odd. He said "Don't get old." I thought about it and laughed because that is something I can't stop.  We sure had fun on the river. It was 8 degrees outside and ice was everywhere. It was cold. But it was sure nice to be with those to young rascals. Then I thought about it. They have both received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as well as myself. I write this with tears of joy in my eyes. I probably and hopefully will go to meet the Lord long before they do. But we will gather once again at a river for eternity. This weekend was great. But only a prelude of what is to come. What a reunion that will be!

Revelation 22:1-5

New International Version (NIV
22 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

Hymn; Shall we Gather at the River?

1. Shall we gather at the river,
where bright angel feet have trod,
with its crystal tide forever
flowing by the throne of God?
Refrain:
Yes, we'll gather at the river,
the beautiful, the beautiful river;
gather with the saints at the river
that flows by the throne of God.

Have a great day!
Love you all.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment