Friday, November 15, 2013

Peanut Butter and Jelly, God's Way for Marriage 11/15/13

Good Morning,

Friday once again. Boy that week went by quick. This morning I have started out my day with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee.

 Matthew 19:4-6 NIV
"Haven't you read," he replied, " that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female and said, " For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh" So they are no longer two but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

I was thinking about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich yesterday (PBJ). I prefer the chunky peanut butter with apple cinnamon jelly on two slices of white bread. I am not very fond of orange marmalade in place of my favorite jelly. Peanut butter and jelly has to be on both pieces of the bread. This is a gourmet PBJ.

I don't know about you but I have tried to make a PBJ in the dark. Let me tell you what happened. I thought that I had taken the apple cinnamon jelly, but by accident had grabbed the orange marmalade. Not one to waste food I developed a plan that any man would have been proud of. I tried wiping the orange marmalade off of the peanut butter and put it back into it's jar. Well that stupid marmalade stuck to the peanut butter and now I had mixed the two and there was peanut butter in the marmalade jar. This would be evidence that would convict me of late night snacking and my CSI wife would know what I had been up to. Well I was convinced that the sandwich was worth it and that I could do the time for the crime and antique shopping was not all that bad.  So my plan continued and I added apple cinnamon to the bread slices. BUT ARGH I now had orange marmalade residue still on my peanut butter and it mixed with the apple cinnamon jelly to make a taste worthy of attracting skunks. This stuff was like glue!

That story reminds me of marriage and how God has created it to be holy, intimate, and forever. Husbands and wives are to be like a PBJ. Smooth (I am a little bit chunky and she is real sweet) together and taste good. Our marriages are to honor God. We are to be there for each other. We are to rub off on each other making each other a better person for having been attached to us. And nothing should separate us.  Think about it. Is she the jelly belly in you life? Is he the chunky hunk of yours? God put you together forever. Tell your spouse today. "You are the other half of my sandwich".

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment