Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I saw the Light 11/6/13

Good Morning,

Sitting on my backside today. A day off from work. The coffee seems to taste better when you are not rushed. Very thankful for a cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee. I will soon be out of the fall flavors and ready to drink some of their delicious Holiday Brews.

Well I have to talk about last weekend's Men's retreat again. I do believe I was the old grandpa there. During the weekend's activities the guys played a game of flag football. Man, I really wanted to play. But wisdom and the pins in my shoulder reminded me that if I still wanted to hunt, then sitting this one out was a good idea. I guess I saw the light!

I spent some time in prayer for the players and then went back to the lodge. I met a young man who couldn't play either. He had broken a hip earlier in his life. So he stoked  up the fire place and we talked about family, God, church, deer hunting and trucks. He had many questions about the Bible, some I had answers to and some made me study this week.

Here's my point. I saw the light again. As much as I study God's Word even at my age I need to study more. Below is Scripture that should motivate us to study more. We should all be in a Bible study with others. We can learn from others and we need to share what we have learned when the call is made and you are thrown into the Super Bowl of God's work. You see that Super Bowl, is God working in other peoples lives and He has called you to carry the ball. I had a pretty good game but
got stopped short of the goal line on a couple of carries.
        

2 Timothy 3:16-17                    

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:14-17                    

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.  Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psalm 119:11                    

I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

2 Timothy 2:15                    

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Joshua 1:8                    

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Proverbs 3:1-2                

My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you.

I wonder if God was ready to drop kick me through a heavenly goal post when I could not find what I was looking for in the book of Daniel?

Hey Friends,
Have a wonderful day. Make every day a run for the end zone.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment