Monday, November 11, 2013

I Can Face Tomorrow 11/11/13

Good Morning,

Monday is here and I am up and ready to start the day with a cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee in my hand and God around me.

I receive prayer requests quite often from friends, family and others. I love to pray and wait to see how God answers. I will tell you that I am still waiting over 30 years for an answer or two. I trust that God has heard and in His wisdom He will answer when His timing is right.

This has been hard for me, to accept God's timing and sometimes His answers. Why is that? Well friends, we try to play God and tell Him how it should go. Now look at that statement. We play God. That is just like a child playing with a doll. You might have a doll in your hands but you really are not a parent. It is just pretend. It is a fantasy that Satan allows in our minds. We cannot be and never will be God. We are to pray and cry out to God, then trust that His answer is best even if it is not how we thought it should go. We should not reduce God in our hearts and minds to a "Candy Man" of wishes. God needs to be in His right place as Ruler of all, Creator of all, Father in Heaven.

Isaiah 55:8-9 New King James Version

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
It is comforting to know that Our God is smarter than us. We need to be comforted with His words in the Scripture above. Here is a simple formula for trust.
Have you ever made a mistake? The answer is yes. God keeps the world spinning every day. Your heart beats and pumps blood through your veins. He has a plan for eternity. Would your bank account last that long?  No. And you won't need it anyway. Trust in God to carry you through. You can face tomorrow in His hand.
Isaiah 49:15-16
15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Surely they may forget,
Yet I will not forget you.
16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
I have attached below a hymn that I use as a prayer to help remind me during tough times that I am not alone and not forgotten. We serve a living God and Savior.
Have a great day.

HYMN


Because He Lives Lyrics
(Verse 1)
God sent his son
They called him Jesus
He came to love
Heal and forgive
He lived and died
To buy my pardon
An empty grave
Is there to prove
My Savior lives

(Chorus)
Because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because I know
He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because he lives

(Verse 2)
How sweet to hold
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net]

A newborn baby
And feel the pride
And joy he gives
But greater still
The calm assurance
This child can face
Uncertain days
Just Because he lives

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
And then one day
I'll cross the river
I'll fight life's final war with pain
And then as death
Gives way to victory
I'll see the lights
Of glory and
I'll know he lives

(Chorus 2xs)
Lyrics from <a href="http://www.elyrics.net">eLyrics.net</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment