Monday, January 21, 2013

Winter is Godly 1/21/2013

Good morning,
It could be described as frigid here in Wisconsin today. My Coffee is Door County Heavenly Caramel.

I actually don't not mind the cold weather. Although the severe cold that we are experiencing can be dangerous.
But here is how I enjoy the cold.
I wear the right clothing.
I cut wood to burn in my fireplace. Nothing like a crackling fire and a cup of hot chocolate.
I try to do all I can to take care of our vehicles so they will start on days like these.
I spend a little more time indoors and read.

I enjoy reading my Bible, praying and listening to God. On this cold morning I thought I would share some Bible verses dealing with winter. You pick out the one that warms your heart and pass it on to someone today.
Winter Bible Verses~
“As long as the earth endures, seed time and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.” ~Genesis 18:22

“It was You who set all the boundaries of the earth; You made both summer and winter.” ~Psalm 74:17

“He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’” ~Job 37:6

“Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion!… He gives snow like wool; He scatters the frost like ashes. He casts forth His ice as fragments, Who can stand before His cold? He sends forth His word and melts them He causes His wind to blow and the waters to flow.” ~Psalm 147:12-18

“From whose womb has come the ice? And the frost of heaven, who has given it birth?” ~Job 38:29

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire. And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. For you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.” ~Isaiah 55:10-12

“Out of the south comes the storm, And out of the north the cold. From the breath of God ice is made, And the expanse of the waters is frozen.” ~Job 37:9-10

“Like the cold of snow in the time of harvest Is a faithful messenger to those who send him, For he refreshes the soul of his masters.” ~Proverbs 25:13

“Like one who takes off a garment on a cold day, or like vinegar on soda, Is he who sings songs to a troubled heart.” ~Proverbs 25:20

God bless, have a great day.

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment