Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Godly Wife 1/26/2013

Good Morning,
I am starting out my day with a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. 

From reading these devotionals you probably can tell that I am married. I usually do not say much about my wife in my writings. She likes to say that she has "been married for a thousand years!"

Let me tell you a little about her. She likes cheese burgers, lasagna, shopping for antiques, decorating for Christmas and vacations.

Here is what I love about her. She loves the Lord Jesus Christ. She is compassionate and faithful. She assists me in my ministries. She prays often and reads her Bible. God is first in her life and she puts others before herself.

What is she? She is a Godly woman. She is a gift from God to me.

Proverbs 31:26          
She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels.

Proverbs 31:20-21
She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet.

Thank you Lord for blessing me with a gift that only you could have created.

Men! Date your wives. Young men treat your girlfriends with dignity and respect.
Have a great day
Marty
 PS: A thousand years? Seems like just yesterday. Fooled her! She will see me eternally some day! she is stuck with me forever and I am so pleased.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment