Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Distractions 1/29/2013

Good morning to you.

Today I am drinking a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. It is time to write. 



Yesterday I wrote about how  I sometimes get distracted when wanting to study or write these devotionals.  Well while writing yesterday's posting I noticed it was too quiet in the house and one dog was missing in action. Now Gibbs is a 10 month old puppy. I have to say as puppies go he has been pretty good in his behavior. But when I found him he had committed the ultimate crime in our home. He went into the my wife's plant room to chase the older dog. You see he still thinks that every day is a play day. You just gotta love puppies. But HE TRASHED A SMALL PLANT! Argh ! One that had been watered the night before. Oh boy I thought we will both suffer the wrath of the keeper of the plants. ( Dear Wife) In all honesty it did not hurt my feelings to toss the plant, but they are hers and I felt bad for all three of us. I am not a plant lover unless it produces food!

What to do? Well I found out we owned a vacuum cleaner. I also found out you can't vacuum mud!!  Now what? I do recall a machine my wife uses to clean carpets! Ah Ha.  A mud remover!!! Now I did tell her about the incident. But it was cleaned up asap once I pulled it all together.

The whole thing reminded me of two Godly ideas. We have all sinned and need atonement. Romans 3:23
Like the puppy we cannot clean up the mess ourselves. We need Jesus Christ the Son of God to do it for us. Now the puppy gladly accepted the help and the consequences of a time out for his sins. But all, everyone has sinned and needs a Savior.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

What do you say to that? This is the Good News of Jesus Christ. You can have the assurance that your sins can be forgiven and have an eternal home in heaven with God. If you have never invited Jesus in say a prayer something like this.

Dear Jesus,
I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself. I am sorry and I repent of rejecting you all these years. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you.Amen.

If you prayed that prayer contact me at fritzschutte@aol.com and I will email you the the next steps in Christian growth.

If you are a Christian and know someone who needs Jesus as Lord and Savior link them to this page or share the Good News with them today.

God bless,
Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment