Thursday, January 3, 2013

Jesus is Lord of all. 1/3/2013

Good Morning,
Today my cup is filled with Door County Christmas Coffee. I am enjoying the warmth and flavor on a cold Wisconsin morning.

Philippians 2:8-11
9For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,11and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

There is an old Hymn "Jesus is Lord of all". I have fond memories of hearing a whole congregation singing this on a Sunday many years ago. Then I read Philippians 2:8-11. It was then that it hit me. I liked the song and I liked the concept but there were still parts of my life that I liked to stay in charge of. (parts of my life)= SIN Yes let's call it what it is. The little sins we like to keep. I realized that I really hadn't bowed down and surrendered to Jesus and made Him Lord. I wondered what held me back from an empowered life? Now I am far from perfect, but when I see that my life seems to be absent of the Holy Spirit I can go and look and find that some SIN has crept in.

Lacking a Spirit filled life? Lacking the power to present the Gospel? Look for the SIN. It may be just a little one. Surrender them all and make Jesus Lord of all.

God bless,
Marty


 

No comments:

Post a Comment