Friday, January 4, 2013

Praying for our children.1/4/2013

Good Morning,
Drinking a little Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee today. Happy Friday to all!!!!
We all have children in our lives one way or the other. Maybe they are your own, maybe it's grandchildren , nieces, nephews, or children of friends. Think of the choices they will face in the future.
1. Heaven or Hell?
2. Godly wisdom or not?
3. College or not, or where do I go?
4. Should I date this person?
5. Is this the one to marry?
6. What do I want to do for a living?
7. Kids or no kids?
8. Alcohol or not?
9. Tattoo or no tattoo?
10. Stay married or not?
11. Drugs or not?
This can be one long list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is never too early or too late to pray over the decisions they will make. The first and most important is where they will choose to spend eternity. I often pray for children while still in the womb of people I know. I pray for all of the above, even before they are born. Often I will see friends of mine with a young child and I will pray silently for their future. I have modeled my prayer after Ephesians 1:17-18 asking for them to seek Godly wisdom in all their choices. This should be number two on your list of prayers for a child. Of course we also need to pray for safety and health. But keep these two first.
A loving friend, parent, uncle, aunt, or grandparent is a praying loving friend, parent, uncle, aunt, or grandparent. 17
Ephesians 1:17-18
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people

God bless,
Marty


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment